Friday, October 2, 2015

TGIF! Long week

Yesterday I actually was feeling pretty good towards the end of my work day. Unfortunately a text conversation from the night before had me thinking. I realize there are people in my life that make me feel bad or like I am crap. It sucks to admit that my parents are in that category. I know they love me but they say stupid shit that is hurtful. One of my friends does this too. I realize they all mean well but damn. I am working really hard to love and accept myself and those people are not helping me. I posted on IG the other night about letting go and being at peace with it. I meant work. My friend texted and asked if it was about them. I pretty much said if the shoe fits. My thing is if you think it is about you, then you must know you are hurting me. They got all pissed and told me off and I tried to explain to no avail. I was told I always do the same thing but in reality this is a totally new situation. I am standing up to someone hurting me. Not intentionally hurting me. I tried to explain that I am stressed about applying for this job and thinking about my parents non-approval and I am tired. They said I was holding back. I wasn't. I just couldn't get all of that out before they jumped on me about other stuff. I said I wasn't going to put up with that and they flipped. We are no longer going to be friends. I will not be allowed back in their life and it sucks. I am so much better than I was yet still not good enough. The cycle continues. I'm just wondering when I will meet someone who treats me the way I treat them? Am I not worthy of having someone share their incredible gifts with me? I have numerous friends that do treat me awesome and we share a lot of great time together. My DH is amazing. He is funny and loves me and my flaws. I just don't get why I can't share time with others who are more "available". I am not sure that will even translate. I hate that this former friend would rather go to the gym or an appointment than hang out with me after I traveled to see them. What do I do with that? What is wrong with me that they don't make me the priority I make them? Friendships are like flowers, you have to water them to grow. I guess they are out of water. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment