Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good and Bad

Well, Tuesday I had my annual PT test at work which I was nervous about.  Nervous only because I wanted to perform better than I have in past years.  I took 2 seconds off of my agility run, gained 2 inches in my sit and reach, took 2 minutes off my 1.5 mile run and went up 40 lbs on my bench press.  I improved on all parts!  AWESOME!
Now the bad...
I received a call from Salvation Tattoo yesterday and was informed that my appointment in May was canceled.  Bummer.  That means my artist is moving to California sooner than anticipated.  Now I am not sure what to do with my current sleeve project.  He has done a lot of it but the main part won't get completed at next week's appt.  Do I have someone else fill it or do I walk around with it incomplete until I can go to CA?  The second idea seems nuts to me.  I just want it to look like the same person did it, you know?  I am freaking out a bit about this.  Tattoo artists are hard to come by...at least once you find a really good one that you trust. 
Another round of bad news hit me earlier this week too...my coworker that I share the weight of the section with is leaving the agency.  I am a mess about that.  The two of us would normally be the ones tasked with everything and now that he is leaving, I fear all that will be given to me.  Ugh.  I hope that isn't the case but I won't hold my breath.
Sorry to be doom and gloom there for a minute but wow - those are pretty big situations for me right now.
On the bright side, I am going to the gym today and tomorrow and that always makes me feel better.  I had physical therapy last night but my HRV said I am in the green and ready to kill it at the gym.  Sounds like a plan.
Have a great Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment