Well, its easy to say that it has been a crazy week. I know everyone in the US was feeling the stress and anxiety of being terrorized. We had extra shifts, extra posts, etc... No time for the gym or anything else, really. Glad all of that is over and my heart goes out to everyone affected by the incident. Thank you to all the first responders and their families and to those hard working four leggers for keeping everyone safe.
I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little scared to run the 5K in Baltimore. I am scared. I don't want to die, or be injured by hate or be a witness or first responder to another terrorist attack. Once was enough for a lifetime. I realize that means they win. Sadly, I am ok with that particular victory. I'm not saying I won't participate in another public race, I just think Bmore is a big city and a fairly reasonable target of opportunity. Needless to say, I am on the fence about it.
Other than terrorism, a few things have been happening. My favorite coworker that sits next to me got a new job in NY and I am so sad about it. He and I worked really well together - we were like co-captains of our K9 team. Now I feel I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. I really need to make sure that doesn't happen.
I ordered a TRX for my little gym in the basement. I am so excited. It should get here Wednesday. Now I just have to get an additional kettlebell and get rid of that elliptical. Its amazing how things change. I cannot wait to get in the gym next week!
Oh another good thing that happened is I ordered a dress online and once I got it...it is too big! I will have to go to get it altered since they only have bigger sizes left. I cannot believe a medium was too big. Awesome. If that doesn't keep you on track, I don't know what will lol.
I had my last tattoo appt last night with my artist, before he moves away. He finished my arm piece. He's such a great guy. I'm very happy for him...anyone that gets to move to San Diego is beyond fortunate. I hope to go see him out there one day. I felt extra special today - he put pics of my tattoos on his instagram. :) Funny how little things can make someone's day.
Heading out with a college friend later today. Looking forward to it. I also signed up for a squat challenge so I better go knock those 70 squats out before I forget.
Have a great day! Hope to ramble some more tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment