So its been a while since I have been on here. I have no excuse. I'm actually not even sure what I wrote about last time but I know that last weekend I ran the Color Run in Baltimore and that was actually more fun than I had anticipated! Saw some friends and it was a great weekend! I have signed up for the same run in RVA in September so that should be fun too.
Work still sucks. Seems to get worse daily. I need to win the lottery so I can quit lol. Guess I should play, huh? I really need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I thought I had that figured out but...I guess I was wrong. I'd really love to learn Reiki or counseling but I am just not sure. I will figure it out eventually. I'm sure I would love it but recently I have doubted myself as far as being someone people listen to about fitness, etc. My cousin who runs marathons and the iron man asked me for workouts! This made me so proud. She even got back to me after doing one of them! I thought this might be something I can help people with...like a life coach or something. Recently one of my friends seemed to have fallen off the wagon on her weight loss so I gave her some advice, trying to help her get back on track. She decided to hire a life coach that seems to have given her the same food plan I suggested. Ouch. So, maybe my future as a life coach isn't going to happen...that's her thing, not mine. If I decide on doing it, I am sure I will be great. I have had a major journey of my lifestyle change...I have found myself. I think that is very important. As written in the top five regrets of the dying,"I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself and not the life others expected of me." That really resignates with me.
Change of subj...
Speaking of diets and journeys, I have been sticking to my food plan, eating clean 6 days a week and I am seeing a lot of change in my body. This past Wednesday I started taking progress pics again and just looking at the last ones I took approximately 2 months ago, there are a lot of changes. I need to see that - since the scale is a poor measurement and I am too lazy to break out the tape measure lol. I am still working out hard and giving 100% effort no matter how difficult it is. The proof is in the pudding! I got my butt back in those high school size jeans I am proud to say. I am also within 6 lbs of the goal my doctor set for my weight which means 16 lbs from my goal. I have noticed I am getting very aware of certain parts of my body that haven't gone away...very little things are bugging me which is just frustration. When that happens I have to get the beginning pics out and look at the amazing transformation that has already happened. My body image needs help. I need to love and accept myself as I am and just continue to improve.
Speaking of loving and accepting, I have started meditating...sort of. I have a little mantra (if you will) that I say and I use this breathing technique I learned from www.paigevaldiserri.com. She is amazing. She also has and FB page called Paige Valdiserri Empowers. She really does. Anyway, those together seem to really shut my mind up and let me focus which isn't easy. Between my daily affirmation I write, this blog and my "meditation", I am actually doing much better with most things. I still have a ways to go with the body image but I am super confident now which I never had been before so I might be closer than I think to fixing what I see. I actually still grab XL shirts sometimes. Hello!? McFly!?!? The last shirt I bought was a small lol.
Ok...well I think I am pretty caught up. I hope everyone has a good Saturday night. Maybe I will be back tomorrow, who knows.
I will leave you with this...
I am in control of my world and my body. I am responsible for myself. I release this unnecessary stress and allow my body and mind to relax into a comfortable state of being. I am calm and relaxed. I have a positive and optimistic mental attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment