Thursday, March 28, 2013

stressed out of my mind!

This has been the most stressful week at work.  Actually I was going to post that on Monday lol so that should tell you something.
There is a ton of crap going on at work.  I won't bore you with details but it is awful. 
Anyway, so the trainers weren't working Monday because of the snow so I didn't get to the gym but I did go to physical therapy which kicked my butt for a change.  It was a good session and I was tired!  Went to bed early and checked my HRV reading in the am (Tues) and it said I was in amber (recovery) which means I can go to the gym but to not really kill myself lol.  I met up with the trainers and I completed a ladder of burpees, box jumps, pull ups and a short jog.  I was beat.  Wednesday, I was further into the amber so still in recovery so I should take it easy since it was two days in a row.  I actually didn't have time to go to the gym so that worked out.  I had to leave early for a podiatrist appointment anyway. 
The podiatrist gave me some bad news.  He had treated me for my heel spur and it has been awesome but my other foot was giving me trouble but in a different area.  Apparently I have an extra bone in my foot and it is against the posterior tibial tendon.  This is the tendon that holds your foot so you can walk.  Awesome.  As of right now I need surgery.  We are trying to fix it with a custom insert.  I will find out if it is working in a month.  If not, I can live with the pain for a bit while I save up some leave since I will be out for a minimum of 3 weeks.  If it was my left foot it would be less but...I have to drive so that sucks for me.
Yesterday work was really awful so I didn't get to the gym or to my physical therapy appointment so I just relaxed.  I am guessing that the stress is a factor with the HRV readings because this morning (Thurs), the HRV reading had me in the red which means I shouldn't do anything.  Yikes.
So...here I am, venting to try to help lol.
Oh and since my tattoo is still on the mend, I haven't been able to use my bodymedia.  I wish that wasn't the case since it would have been interesting to see what the stress was doing to my already little amount of sleep.  Anyway, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment