Ok, so I suck at this blogging thing already lol.
Lets see...I have been killing myself at the gym this week. Its great to be back on track! I am using a couple of devices that I will comment about from time to time that I am hoping will keep me honest. I am already seeing a difference in my confidence and happiness so that is great! I am also getting stronger every day. I wear a bodymedia which tells you how good or how awful you sleep, at least in my case. I thought I was in bed on time last night and well according to my bodymedia, I got just under 4 hours of sleep at 64%. That is the effectiveness of my sleep - I could have told them that it was low. I don't sleep well. Everything wakes me up and sometimes my mind keeps me up. I'm working on that last one as I type!
I have also been using an HRV - heart rate variable program which is really cool. It measures your resting heart rate in the am and tells you if you should hit the gym hard, moderate or recover and rest. Awesome! It also shows your fit level progress which is great.
So...before I went on my birthday month and a half break from eating clean, I had lost over 25lbs. As of the 7th of this month, I have been going to the gym and working with my trainers for a year. There have been a few weeks total that I haven't worked out due to injury or having a cold or scheduling conflicts. The trainers are the best. They helped me rehab my shoulder which I had torn in two places and today for the first time of my life I acutally completed burpees! Never done one before since I had jacked up my shoulder and today I did 55! Not all at once, we did a pyramid or ladder (can't remember) where I started with 10, then did the farmer carry with the kettlebell then did 9 burpees, farmer, etc.
According to my bodymedia, I burned 1356 calories for that workout today. Not too shabby.
Anyway, I better get going. I have a bathtub full of ice cold water that I have to get into and I am not looking forward to that. Hope to be back to the blog tomorrow but Thursday for sure. Until then...

No comments:
Post a Comment