Monday, August 19, 2013

Case of the Mondays

Just got back from the beach which was fabulous.  Had an opportunity to go train a dog and possibly see friends so I did...unfortunately my old toxic friend is beyond toxic again.  I really need to cut the cord for good.
I am actually writing this to remind myself...  The one sided friendship blows.  I give.  I am there.  I call.  I don't have any of that reciprocated.  I am there when my friend drives home from work to talk to them on the phone.  They never do this for me.  I am always available for texts or calls.  They are not.  They only want to talk or text on work days.  WTF?  What friendships have rules about texting or talking?! 
They make plans and cancel all the time.  Truthfully, I make the plans...they never invite me to do anything, ever.  Ouch.  I feel used.  But why do I continue?  Why do they have that power?  I hope that things will stay good and whamo I get the door slammed in my face and I get blamed for everything.  Its always me.  I do whatever to make them mad.  I try too hard.  DUH.  The sad thing is we used to be close.  Like real friends.  Actually, we might not have been now that I look back.  I just really let them step all over me back then, I guess.  Awful.  So, today I cut the cord so to speak.  They won't care or look back, I know.  That actually hurts my feelings a bit.  I care.  I will miss them, even if they are toxic.  I do know it is better this way.  I know I will be happier in the long run.  They will continue to be miserable as always.  Thanks to the stupid iphone 5, I can't get rid of their number - it deletes but when you go to text anyone with the first letter the same, their name comes up.  AWFUL.  How can I get rid of them if they won't delete?
Yes I have a case of the Mondays.  I didn't until the "friend" was a douche.  I also realize that tomorrow is D day for me. I am D-one with this laziness.  I am back on track with my diet and going to the gym.  I have a month til we vacation in CA and I want to look my best.  I cannot wait.  I will blog more often (yeah right) to stay on track.  Guess I will check in Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment