Friday, July 5, 2013

Racing etc

Ok so I competed in my first SCCA Autocross event last weekend.  What a disaster.  First off, never have your other half try to teach you anything.  LOL.  That was a mess.  Once we got through a couple of rough laps it was actually really fun and I did ok.  I took like 3 seconds off of my lap and I didn't hit any cones all day.  It was raining too so that added to the excitement.  It was fun.  I have to remember next time to bring a few things...bug repellent, sunshade of some sort, sunscreen that isn't expired lol and a couch - just kidding on that last one.  It was a long day, though.  I can totally see how that racing can be addicting but expensive.  New tires, a helmet, etc...it adds up!
What else is going on...work is still stressing me.  My codependence is the issue.  I have to just do my job and not everyone elses.  Its terrible.  I just know if I don't do it, it won't get done.  I just need to let that happen.  Let the chips fall where they may. 
I have a massage scheduled for Monday and I cannot wait.  Like a tool, I volunteered to work tomorrow.  What the hell was I thinking?  Crazy.  I get double time...we are furloughed the next day so I guess it makes sense to get some extra money before it dries up.  I should bring my gym clothes in and go to the gym tomorrow too but I am sure I won't.  Lazy.  I know I will give my dog a bath while I am at work so that will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment